Thursday, December 30, 2010

Army Men

Gerrit, my 5.5 year old, is obsessed lately with playing Army and playing with little Army guys. Funny thing is my brother played with them too so I was not hesitant to buy these for him today. What little boy didn't play with Army men?



Tonight I was in search for a cool Army movie with not so foul language (This is almost impossible!) We decided on Born on the 4th of July. It has been a few years since I have seen this movie so I wasn't sure what we were getting into.
About 45 minutes into the movie, if you remember, Ronnie (Tom Cruise) goes to Vietnam. The bad language starting picking up. Then suddenly there was a major shoot-out between his platoon and the bad guys (that what we call them) Ronnie gets shot and finds himself in critical condition in the military hospital. Lots of blood, suffering death. Chaos.
That is when Eric and I decided this was just WAY too much for them (I should have known better with it being directed by Oliver Stone). We turned the movie off.
Eric then asked Gerrit "So what do you think of the military now?" Gerrit responds "I don't like it anymore. I think I will grow up to fix iPhones like you, Papa. I only like fake Army men now."

We both just laughed and gave him a GIANT hug and kiss for being such an awesome kid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your stories here. If you would like to include a picture please email me at allison.mol@me.com